Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fern-tastic

I feel much better today, which convinces me further that my crappy attitude Sunday and Monday were caused by horrible nutrition. I also went to PiYo yesterday at Refinery, and that did wonders for my mood (unfortunately not my knee). But best of all - I worked in the yard.

Since buying a house in Champaign over 4 years ago, I've worked pretty much nonstop inside and out. That's okay most of the time, because it gives me a sense of satisfaction and makes me really happy. The rest of the time it makes me manic and aggravating. The weather was beautiful yesterday and I didn't feel like painting the bathroom trim - and I needed to plant the ferns my cousin gave me over the weekend. Those 8 little shoots should multiply and spread, filling two beds that desperately needed help. They look pretty great already! Everything was wonderful except for the weeding, which as usual was excessive and neverending. I've realized that even if I do my very best, the creeping charley and clover will ALWAYS win.

People were everywhere and as always, neighbors smiled and waved and actually SPOKE. I love our street. I've battled weeds and roots, rocks and _______ (insert inclement weather of your choice here) and NOTHING has been easy. But it's great therapy and exercise, and when a stranger walked by and said how great my hostas were I beamed with pride. lol

Now I have to get my act together and plant a garden. The bed of knee-high weeds has to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment