Friday, April 1, 2011

I miss you, Don Draper

I'm a HUGE Mad Men fan. I love everything about the critically-acclaimed show - the characters, the dialogue, the style, the unwavering attention paid to EVERY detail, and it's luxuriously slow pace. I love the drinking and smoking, I'll admit it. It's so sinful...and accurate. (Heck, I was watching Carrie last night and the gym teacher was smoking in the principal's office! Things used to be a lot different.) Mad Men is gorgeous and indulgent and amazing. The men are infuriating yet somehow charming (e.g. Roger Sterling). And don't get me started on Don Draper. OMG. It's an odd thing to say, but I really don't like watching Jon Hamm on SNL or 30 Rock. He's funny and smiles too much and it weirds me out. If you watch MM, you know what I mean. If you've never given the show a chance, get the first 4 seasons on DVD. They're all available...and you'll have PLENTY of time to catch up in time for season 5. It was finally announced that creator/producer Matthew Weiner has resolved contractual issues, and we'll get three more seasons (with no casting cuts)! Unfortunately, 5 won't start til March of 2012. Thank goodness Nostradamus isn't calling for the end of the world til December!

No comments:

Post a Comment