Thursday, March 31, 2011

Really, Miley?

I've been shaking my head for the past few hours at a statement Miley Cyrus made. I typically don't pay her much attention and since I don't have kids I've never been subjected to "Hannah Montana." I realize many little girls love(d) her, and I get the whole teen idol thing. We've all worshipped stars only to laugh (or cringe) years later. I had a Shawn Cassidy iron-on t-shirt. I had Teen Beat pages taped all over my walls. If your daughter loves Miley/Hannah, I'm sorry if you're offended that I'm critical. But on USA Today's website, I couldn't miss this headline: MILEY CYRUS BITTER ABOUT REBECCA BLACK LOL! That just makes me laugh. Miley is NOT happy about Rebecca's ridiculous rise to fame after "Friday!" went viral (nearly 70 million views), and had the nerve to say, "It should be harder to be an artist." I can't even fully wrap my head around how crazy that is coming from her. I totally agree with you, Miley. And to you I say, "A person should be able to sing before they become a star."

No comments:

Post a Comment